Epic Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is one of my favourite things to bake. It’s quick and easy to throw together, and a great way to use bananas you forgot about or didn’t get a chance to use. The riper your bananas, the more flavour they will give your bread. I am not a big fan of nuts in banana bread so I love to use dark chocolate chips. If you like nuts, you can substitute them instead of chocolate chips, or use both!
You can also use fun pan shapes like mini-pumpkins, mini-coffins, houses etc. to suit any type of theme or holiday!
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and salt
1/4 teaspoon cake spice (optional)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cake spice, and salt in a medium sized bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork, then combine bananas, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; pour into the pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Place bread from pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Let me know how yours turned out in the comment section below!
Leave a Reply